Date: January21- April21 Location: Aspen, CO
The course is a unique, 20-hour survey of the intersection of medicine and law as well as selected clinical topics. The Update is presented in a structured classroom setting affording you the opportunity for dialogue with your medical, dental and legal colleagues.
After completing The 2018–19 Medical-Dental-Legal Update you should have acquired the knowledge that will better enable you to:
- Understand and avoid malpractice litigation.
- Identify and reduce healthcare office risk.
- Understand and start a direct patient care practice.
- Protect professional and personal assets.
- Utilize non-pharmacologic techniques for managing chronic stress.
- Utilize a variety of clinically relevant but relatively unknown treatments.
- Consult patients on the benefits of a longevity diet.
- Utilize aspirin as a primary prevention agent for CVD, stroke and colon cancer.
- Understand risks and benefits of cannabis and cannabinoids in pain management.
- Understand and utilize common imaging modalities and techniques.
- Identify and avoid legal and ethical pitfalls of treating unreasonable patients.
- Implement new type 2 diabetes practice guidelines aimed at cardiovascular risk reduction.
- Interpret chest X-rays for common clinical conditions.
- Improve practice profitability through more efficient patient flow.
- Reduce professional financial stress by better benefit planning.
- Understand and reduce medication nonadherence.
- Understand Alzheimer’s disease and better interact with afflicted patients.
- Understand and manage malpractice litigation stress.
- Incorporate the relationship between diabetes and oral health into patient care.
20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ – maximum
The 2018-19 Medical-Dental-Legal Update
December 3, 2018 – April 12, 2019
Monday – Friday
7:30 – 9:30 am. & 4:00 – 6:00 pm.
- CME, CDE, CLE, & CE Credit
- Discounted Lodging
- Discounted Spouse Tuition
- Full Compliance with Tax Laws
- Repeat Course for Free
- Standard Tuition$625
- Discounted Tuition
- Medical Resident$525
- RN, RNP, RDH or PA$525
- Doctor, Attorney, and Office Manager Spouses$425
- All other Spouses$325
Active duty military personnel, please call for additional discount.
Liberal Cancellation Policy: You may cancel any time prior to attendance and receive a full tuition refund less a $25 administrative fee. Or, if you like, you may use your entire tuition amount as a credit against a future registration.
AEI’s Aspen classroom is located at Lift One Condominiums in the meeting room just off the lobby. Lift One Condominiums, which recently underwent a breathtaking renovation, is enviably located in downtown Aspen only a short walk to the Silver Queen Gondola, Lift 1A, the town’s many fine restaurants, galleries, shops and renowned nightlife. In addition to a super location and reasonably priced 1, 2 and 3 bedroom accommodations, Lift One offers a completely new heated pool and whirlpool area, free wireless Internet access, daily maid service, laundry facilities, wood burning fireplaces in each unit and more. Accredited CME, CLE and CE weekly in beautiful Aspen, Colorado….perfect.
Lift One offers AEI registrants an advance, direct booking discount of 10% off normal lodging rates for the period booked. Contact Lift One directly at 800.543.8001 and reference discount code, AEI, for rates and availability. The discount only applies if it and the discount code are referenced at the time of booking.